The latest release of Nexus, 188.8.131.52 has been released. In this blog post you will find some of the new functionality and fixes. Click here to download the latest version of Nexus.
64bit Windows Wrapper Support
JIRA Ticket: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3844
We have compiled the 64 bit windows libraries for jsw 3.2.3 and now include them in our distributions of Nexus.
Maven 3 Metadata
JIRA Ticket: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3806
Maven 3 generates Maven-metadata with extra content that prior versions of Nexus wouldn't accept. Nexus now handles this metadata change, without complaining.
Also, if you find yourself stuck on an older release of Nexus for some particular reason, you can download this patched jar file to make your Nexus (back to version 1.3.6) work with Maven 3 deployed metadata:
Simply install this jar file in (install-dir)/runtime/app/nexus/lib
Make sure to remove the existing mercury-md-shared-1.0-alpha-6.jar file.
Amazon S3 Repositories
JIRA Ticket: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NXCM-2189
S3 Repositories have been very troublesome in the past with our repository auto blocking methods. With Nexus 184.108.40.206 S3 repositories will no longer be automatically blocked.
Concurrent Access of files
JIRA Ticket: Numerous
There have been numerous reports of problems related to concurrent access to artifacts. We are happy to report that these issues have been resolved.
JIRA Ticket: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3730
It was discovered that the feed access was being serialized. This could cause Nexus to be slow to respond to requests on a busy system, as every single request to Nexus gets written to the feed. This area has been reworked, and is no longer problematic.
Captive Portal HTML Page detection
JIRA Ticket: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3709
Some remote repositories don't handle missing files just as we would expect, instead they send back a status 200 (OK) with an error html page. Nexus would see this OK response, and stream the html page into the artifact that was requested. This process would leave invalid files in the cache for people to retrieve.
With Nexus 220.127.116.11 there is a new 'file content validation' setting for the proxy repositories, that will validate the proper file type is actually being retrieved. This flag is disabled by default, but can be turned on for any remote repository that acts this way.
Note: If you travel with Nexus on your laptop, you'll want to enable this feature for all repos.
Other relevant bug fixes
- JIRA Ticket: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3809 Proxy Authentication Dialog Broken
- JIRA Ticket: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3846 Login fails with error 500
- JIRA Ticket: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3842 Timeline filter implementation fills up the stack due to it's recursive implementation
- JIRA Ticket: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3850 DeleteRepositoryFoldersTask doesn't wait for other tasks operating on the repository to complete before running
- JIRA Ticket: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3829 When a proxy moves from auto-blocked to unblocked it causes all proxy repositories to lose NFC
- JIRA Ticket: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3758 org.json.JSONException: Nesting too deep