Sonatype used to make a habit of posting updates for every single book update no matter how major of minor the update might be, and several of you use told us that you miss these posts. To this end, we’re happy to announce a minor update to Maven by Example.
Maven by Example is our introductory Maven book. The chapters in this book used to be the first half of Maven: The Definitive Guide, and once that book grew beyond 500-pages we decided to split it up into Maven by Example and Maven: The Complete Reference.
While this particular update is very minor, we’re busy laying the groundwork for a refresh of both of our Maven titles over the next few months.
Here is a comprehensive list of changes in Maven by Example Edition 0.5.2:
- Fixed example download link (MVNEX-123)
- Fixed a minor typo in Section 5.2, “Defining the Simple Web Application”. “one which that” -> “one using” (MVNEX-108)
- Implemented some minor reordering issues in Section 6.3, “The Simple Weather Module” to make sure that the WeatherService example is referenced before it is listed (MVNEX-89)
- Added a clarifying sentence to the end of Section 4.13.1, “Attaching the Assembly Goal to the Package Phase” to make it clear that the package phase comes before the install phase and that running mvn install will have the same effect
- Fixed an incorrect email address in Section 2, “Your Feedback” (MVNEX-128)
- Fixed an incorrect Sonatype Blog URL in Foreword: 0.5.2-SNAPSHOT (MVNEX-127)
- Standardized the capitalization of all figure and example titles throughout the book (MVNEX-26)
Special thanks to:
- Andreas Grunewald for reporting various issues and typos throughout the book.
- Ion Iovu for identifying typos in the book.
- John Yeary for catching hard to find cross referencing issues and various other issues.
- Grant Birchmeier for catching capitalization errors throughout the book.