Catch up on the latest news and product releases from the Sonatype team, with our June 2011 Newsletter. In this issue, Hudson moves to Eclipse, enhancements to Nexus, and June training dates for Maven 101 and 201 open for registration.
Hudson: Move to Eclipse, Sonatype donates enhancements, and more
- Oracle announces Hudson move to Eclipse Foundation Oracle plans to contribute the Hudson core code to the Eclipse Foundation. Read Jason van Zyl’s blog or the stories in ADT, eWEEK, and SD Times.
- Sonatype donates enhancements We will contribute our Maven 3.x integration work to the Eclipse Foundation. Watch this community demonstration of the new features. Read more about our contribution in Application Development Trends.
- Sonatype launches Sonatype Pro™ for Hudson See our website for more details.
- Hudson Survey Sonatype and Oracle surveyed over 1,200 Hudson users to see what they’d like to see in future versions. The majority of respondents considered reliability and performance to be most important enhancements. Read a summary blog post or get the full details in this presentation.
Nexus News: Enterprise Enhancements Coming Soon
We’ve been hard at work on Nexus too – not just Hudson.
- Enterprise Enhancements Our users tell us they want improved enterprise features. Centralized repository management ranks at the top, followed closely by high availability. We will start rolling out these features this summer, beginning with centralized management. Watch this blog for more details. To try early releases or provide feedback to our engineering team, email us.
- Nexus 1.9.1 We released the latest version of Nexus last month with lots of important, under-the-hood changes. For the full story check out Brian Fox’s blog post.
- New name You may have noticed that the professional, supported version of Nexus has a new name – Sonatype Pro for Nexus. Only the name has changed, everything else is exactly the same.
Sonatype Training: MVN-101 & MVN-201
Learn the know-how and best practices directly from Apache Maven and Nexus experts.
Upcoming Training Classes:
MVN-101: Maven Mechanics – 1 day virtual class
Enrollment fee: $595 USD
MVN-101 Maven Mechanics comprehensively covers Apache Maven installation and configuration, explains the motivation behind Maven and gives an overview of related development tools. Learn more.
Upcoming MVN-101 Classes
Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 9:00AM – 4:00PM CEST (UTC/GMT + 0200)
Monday, June 27, 2011, 11:AM-7:00PM EDT (UTC/GMT – 0400)
MVN-201 Development Infrastructure Design – 1 day virtual class
Enrollment fee: $795 USD
MVN-201 Development Infrastructure Design covers advanced Apache Maven topics and provides expertise with the structure of a Maven POM and a Maven multi-module project. Learn more.
Upcoming MVN-201 Class
Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:00AM – 7:00PM EDT (UTC/GMT – 0400)
Follow Sonatype on Twitter
If you want to get updates from the Sonatype team the moment news breaks, follow us on Twitter @SonatypeCM.
If you would like to join our mailing list, you can subscribe here.