We constantly receive inquiries about how organizations can get the most out of their repository manager. We thought it would be good to address this topic in a series of webinars. While preparing for the webinars, we looked at problems that afflicted organizations who aren't using a repository manager.
- Developers Waste Time downloading a massive library of dependencies from the internet.
- Source Control System is Clogged with binary files since it becomes the ad-hoc repository.
- Continuous Integration is Slowed & can be impacted by internet availability.
- Production Deployments Require Entire Build to Run which wastes time & could mean extra testing or deploying something that hasn’t been tested.
- Sharing Requires Granting Access to SCM or some other mechanism needs to be created to share files internally and externally.
In the first webinar, we discuss how organizations who use a repository manager or other component management strategies are able to deliver applications on time, improve the quality of their release processes, better manage the components in their repository, and secure their components with advanced security. If you missed the event, you can view the recording here.
Later in the series we'll take on a couple of more controversial topics:
- The Myth of the Golden Repository
- How Policies can Actually Speed Development
Hope you can join us!