These rules govern the Sonatype Survey contest (the “contest”) and set out the terms and conditions between Sonatype, Inc. and its affiliates (“Sonatype”; collectively Sonatype referred to as “us/we”), and each participant (“participant” or “you”) A submission to this contest constitutes your acceptance of these Rules.
- How to Enter: Sonatype (the “Sponsor”) is offering the Sonatype Survey contest (the “Contest”) and will award prizes based on a random drawing of survey participants satisfying rules established in these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”). Submit your entry using the Sonatype Survey URL between 12:00 am EST, December 16, 2010 and 11:59:59 pm EST, December 31, 2010. During the contest period submit your entry by filling out the survey mentioned in the Sonatype Survey blog entry.
- Eligibility: Contest is open to residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, Australia, Japan, Korea, Macau, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Slovakia, Sweden, and the United Kingdom who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. . All national and local laws and regulations of the participant’s country of residence apply. Residents of countries under U.S. embargo are not eligible to enter. Participants must be 18 years of age or older (20 or older in Japan). Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parent, sibling, child and respective spouses regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each) of Sonatype, Inc., their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and any company involved in the design, execution, production or judging of this promotion (“contest entities”) are ineligible. Void where prohibited.
- Entry Requirements: All Survey forms must be filled out in English and include the following information: Name, Company Name, Email, Phone and an answer for every question presented in the Sonatype Survey. Limit one entry per company. All participants shall secure their company’s authorization for their contest entry prior to submission.
- Selection: Selection will take place on January 1, 2011 and judges will award one (1) Apple iPad* with WiFi and 3G $629 (USD) to the winning participant (Limit one entry per company) .
- Winners of the prize and runner up prizes will be notified by email and/or phone by January 5, 2011. Judges decisions are final. You may withdraw your submission at any time by notifying Sponsors at email@example.com. If a submission is withdrawn your right to win a prize is terminated.
- Prizes: One (1) Apple iPad* with WiFi and 3G $629 (USD) will be awarded to one participant chosen at random. Winner will be notified within five days of a random drawing, via email and the Apple iPad with WiFi and 3G will be delivered to winners via US/international mail.
- A second notification email will be sent to the winner 10 days after the first email notification. If after seven (7) days of the second notification to the winner no acknowledgement or response is received the prize is forfeited, and Sponsor will select another winner.
- Sponsors’ Warranties and Disclaimers: Sponsors do not provide any warranty on the prize, and winner should look solely to manufacturer for warranty. To the fullest extent allowable by law, Sponsors specifically disclaim any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the contest or the prizes including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
- Release of Liability and Issues of Law: By participating, all participants release Sponsors, their affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this promotion from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this promotion, acceptance or use of prizes. Participants also agree that Sponsors, their affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this promotion are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an participant’s or third person’s computer related to or resulting from the Contest, the submission and/or its prizes. Sponsors are not liable for damage to a user’s computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an participant’s participation in the Contest or downloading of information in connection with the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Contest becomes technically corrupted.
- Generally: Sponsors may make changes to these rules at any time without notice to you. The most current version of the rules will be available on the Sonatype web site at http://www.sonatype.com. Contributing to the contest or accepting prizes will constitute acceptance of the revised rules. These rules prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.If, for reasons beyond Sponsors’ control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection), the contest is not capable of running as originally planned, Sponsors’, at their sole discretion, reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest, without liability. Sponsors will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or illicit submissions, or for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, omissions malfunctions, and delays. Entries are void if they contain material typographical or other errors. All participants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest and any person who does not comply with these Rules, will be ineligible for any prize(s) and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- For any feedback or questions regarding the contest or the prizes you can contact Sponsors by sending an email or by participating in the contest discussion firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Sponsor of this contest Sonatype. The contest is administered by:Sonatype, Inc.: 12501 Prosperity Drive, Suite 350, Silver Spring, MD 20904. Phone: 650/248-2919, eMail: email@example.com
The winner may be required to complete an Eligibility Confirmation and a Liability/Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law). The Eligibility Confirmation and the Liability/Publicity Release must be returned within ten (10) days of the Sponsor’s transmission of these documents. Non-compliance with any of these requirements may result in disqualification, in which case an alternate winner may be chosen. Physical prizes will be sent to participants within 10 days from the date of the return the completed Eligibility Confirmation and/or Liability/Publicity Release.
Substitution or transfer of Prizes are not allowed, and Prizes may not be redeemed for cash. If a Prize becomes unavailable or is prohibited by law, Sponsors may at their sole discretion award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The winner accepts responsibility for all federal, state and local taxes and fees in connection with the prizes.
Apart from prizes offered as part of the contest, no monetary compensation will be paid for any of your contest submissions. Sponsors are not responsible for contest entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions. Sponsors are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by you or any other persons or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest.
Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsors on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this contest or downloading any materials in this contest
All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE DELAWARE COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
Sponsors’ entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of prizes as set forth above. By participating in the contest, you waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.