Sonatype will be presenting at Eclipse Day hosted by Google in California this week.
Each year Google hosts an Eclipse Day and puts together an agenda that includes Eclipse and Google related topics. This year there will be presentations that feature Android, Helios, GWT, EGit, Linux Tools, Eclipse 4.0, EMF, XText and more. Sonatype's founder, Jason van Zyl, will be presenting on Next Generation Development Infrastructure with Maven, m2eclipse, Nexus and Hudson.
This talk focuses on the Maven Ecosystem and the under-pinnings of technologies that are going to shape the Next Generation Maven Development Stack. While the Maven 3 release retains backward-compatibility with plugins written for Maven 2, the foundational technologies used in Maven are being recast to allow for more space for expansion as Maven starts to expand into newer spaces like OSGi and Polyglot development. In this talk, van Zyl discusses new, emerging technologies and how they fit into the overall approach to the development of a Next Generation Maven Development Stack. This presentation will include an overview of the following technologies:
- Moving Maven from Plexus to Guice
- Continued work to support OSGi development with Tycho
- Support for Polyglot development and alternative languages
- m2eclipse, the primary Eclipse IDE Maven-integration used at Sonatype which is also integrated with STS and JBoss Tools.
Eclipse Day hosted by Google:
- Thursday, August 26, 2010
- 9:00am - 5:00pm
- 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
- Mountain View, CA