The latest edition of Maven: The Complete Reference, Edition 0.4, has been released. This edition updates the Flexmojos chapter to the latest FlexMojos 3.5.0 release and refreshes information about Flexmojos archetypes. We added an initial version of a chapter by Manfred Moser that walks through the process of using Maven to build Android applications. In addition to that we fixed some minor issues throughout the book that had been reported by the community.
- Read the Book for FREE online,
- Download the Maven: The Complete Reference PDF,
- Purchase a Printed Copy for $19.86 from Lulu, or
- Read the Book on Scribd
A full list of changes in Edition 0.4:
- Added a new chapter: Chapter 14, Android Application Development with Maven. (MVNREF-135)
- Updated the Flexmojos version to 3.5.0 in Chapter 13, Developing with Flexmojos. (MVNREF-127)
- Added some clarification to Section 13.2.1, “Referencing a Repository with the Flex Framework” that suggests adding the flexmojos repository to an existing Nexus installation.
- Reorganized Section 22.214.171.124, “Proxying Sonatype's Flexmojos Repository with Nexus”. Added level four headings to group content into more easily understood chunks with respect to Nexus configuration.
- Fixed minor typos throughout Chapter 13, Developing with Flexmojos.
- Updated all of the Flexmojos Maven Archetypes with most recent pom.xml content. Changes affected Section 13.3.1, “Creating a Flex Library”, Section 13.3.2, “Creating a Flex Application”, and Section 13.3.3, “Creating a Multi-module Project: Web Application with a Flex Dependency”.
- Removed the warnings in the multi-module project exampe in Section 13.3.3, “Creating a Multi-module Project: Web Application with a Flex Dependency”. There used to be a problem with the archetype module dependencies, this has been fixed in the recent Flexmojos releases.
- Section 5.5.1, “Common Environments” was incorrect. The property defined in ~/.m2/settings.xml was not activating the profile defined in a project's POM. This seciton has been corrected. (MVNREF-124)
- Fixed a code overflow in Section 7.1.4, “Setting Execution Specific Parameters”. (MVNREF-118)
- Fixed unescaped property references and a code overflow in Example 3.1, “The Super POM”. (MVNREF-117)
The following contributors provided invaluable feedback and contributions:
- Emmanuel Hugonnet provided the issue report that prompted the update of the Flexmojos chapter to version 3.5.0.
- Benjamin Bentmann reported an inconsistency in Section 5.5.1, “Common Environments”.
- Manfred Moser was added as a primary author for contributing Chapter 14, Android Application Development with Maven.